Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Secret to a Happy Marriage and a Good Night's Sleep

How do you continue to have a happy marriage and also get a restful night sleep after having children?


My secret: A KING size Bed!!!!


Yesterday our new king size bed was delivered and we slept on it for the first time last night and let me tell you it was amazing.  To be able to sleep next to my husband and my adorable son while not clinging to the edge of the bed for dear life was pure bliss.  I don't think I have slept that well since before I got pregnant and it is amazing what a restful night's sleep can do for your mental state.


I woke up at 5am this morning beaming from ear to ear and soaking in the peaceful quiet of our house.  I just laid there and watched my son and husband sleeping peacefully next to me.  In that moment I realized that this is all I need, that I have everything I have ever wanted in life lying right next to me in our amazing king size bed.


In that moment my life was perfect.  Now back to reality and my perfect, not so perfect life, where there are dishes and diapers to wash!


No comments:

Post a Comment