Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Welcome!



Today marks my entrance into the world of blogging.  I have been wanting to start a blog for years now, but I never managed to find the time to do it.  That is all changing today and I am going to start blogging about the daily rhythms of our family life.


So what is this blog going to be about?


Well, first and foremost, it is a place for me to record my ideas and inspirations.  It is also a way for me to connect and share with family and friends, old, new, and yet to be found. 


So what ideas and inspirations will I be sharing with you?



  • Our transition towards parenthood
  • Recipes I am trying or have recently made
  • Information and conversation about pregnancy and birth (especially for the next 5 months)
  • Projects I am currently working on
  • Thoughts and ideas about family and child activities
  • Parenting topics and parent development
  • Child development topics
  • And anything else that is weighing heavily on my mind

So who am I?

Well, I am an educator by training and passion, my background is in child development and family education with an emphasis on parent education.  After completing my masters degree I worked as a parent educator in the Early Childhood Family Education program in our area.  But, when my husband and I decided to start a family of our own we made the collective decision that I would transition to being a homemaker.  So for the next 20 weeks or so I will be a housewife, and upon the birth of our first child in February I will morph into a stay-at-home mom.

I am passionate about holistic living, all things family, food, creating, and learning.

This blog is partly a way for me to not totally lose myself in motherhood, which I know tends to happen, and is a way for me to continue my professional and personal development as our family transitions and as I transition from being not just a woman but also a mother.  The transition to mother is already happening, and I am reminded of it as I type my first blog post and our baby moves inside me, reminding me that my journey has already begun.

Thanks for visiting and I hope to share more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment